Saturday, August 15, 2015

Random Saturday Post: Things that Scare Me

Irrational fears are irrational.  These are things that scare me.


  1. Spiders that I know are there but I can't see.  If I see a spider across the room, I'm fine.  If I feel a spider on my arm, I'm fine.  But if the same spider goes behind a pillow or under a magazine and I don't know exactly where he is, I go into arm flailing spider slapping puppy whimpering mode.  And then I leave the area in disgust.  (And you don't want to know what happens when I walk through a spider web at night...).
  2. Forgetting my EVE password.  It's long, complicated, and thanks to muscle memory, really easy for me to type.  But don't ask me what it is because I don't know it unless I'm typing it.  And then I panic.
  3. Dropping my car keys in a storm drain.  About halfway between my office door and where I usually park my car, there's a manhole sized storm drain.  In my mind, it's a magnet for my car keys, should I drop them (which, I have probably dropped my car keys walk walking maybe 10 times in my entire life...).  I will walk 10 feet out of my way to give it a wide berth, even though it would be far easier just to put my keys in my pocket.
  4. Undocumented changes to burners.  After every patch I cringe the first few times I enter a pocket, especially on the frigate sized team burners.  I like my Garmur very much, and would prefer it not be ninja'd by some undocumented/unannounced change to AI behavior.
  5. Constraints and commitments.  Give me half a day to putz around in the game and I'm happy.  Put an event on the calendar and I stew about the start time right up until the start time.  Being committed to being somewhere somehow changes the entire dynamic of the day.  It's weird, but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha State

"Everything that has a beginning has an end."  That's one of my favorite quotes from the Matrix 2.  It has to do with the ...